The Club is open to young climbers that are competent and wish to improve their climbing ability, prepare for competitive climbing and climb outdoors on real rocks. Please click Membership Assessment Criteria to view the membership criteria.
When a youth member joins the club a parents must also join to help supervise and belay, they can even climb if they wish but that is not mandatory. All adult members will be required to complete the Mountaineering Ireland Garda Vetting process to join the club.
The club meets on a Monday and Thursday nights in Awesome Walls and climbs with the Awesome Academy as well as Mondays in DCC climbing with the scheduled children’s coaching.
One of the main aims of the Club is to get children climbing outdoors on real rock so we climb outdoors in the climbing season (approx March – September) weather permitting and visit other indoor climbing venues in the closed season.
Mountaineering Ireland (MI)
The Club is affiliated to Mountaineering Ireland, the representative body for walkers and climbers in Ireland, and all members of the club will be registered with them. The club fee, which is set on a yearly basis, includes individuals registration to Mountaineering Ireland.
If you wish to become a member of the club the following forms need to be completes: (links to MI site)
- For a Youth Member – Mountaineering Ireland Parental Consent Form which is signed by Yout member and Parent/Guardian
- For Parents Volunteering See Mountaineering Ireland’s Volunteers and Safeguarding page for information. Forms also listed below for convenience:
- Mountaineering Ireland – Volunteer Application Form, your two references will be contacted directly by MI
- Adults/Leaders/Volunteers form
- Garda Vetting ID Validation Form and also please read the accompanying guidelines.
When you have completed the forms above please return to Hugh McLain (Club’s Children’s Officer) at the next session with relevant original and copies of valid identification. If you need any assitance completing the form please let us know using the Contact Us Page.
Looking forward to climbing with you soon.